1. His first birthday wasn’t too bad for me. His second I was a complete blubbering mess. The third was okay, but man the fourth is already getting to me. He won’t turn 4 for another 3 months, but WOW it is a little like being hit in the face with a brick. How did this happen? When did it happen? He was just a baby 5 minutes ago. Now he insists EVERY-FIVE-FREAKING-MINUTES that he is a “man”. The last ‘almost’ four years are a blur; I remember them only in pieces even though I have tried hard not to forget them.
Some days, well most days he is an animal and he drives me up the wall; but then there are rare moments when he is so sweet…how do I get more of those?
2. And then there is this one…
…how on earth can I be expected to say no to that? We are in big trouble!
3. I had to buy Pig some spring/summer clothes because the sun has finally returned home to Texas and it is a bit warm. I had to buy…gulp…3T. I think it is fair to say she is ‘above average’.
4. I am leading a photography workshop at the Museum of Fine Arts Rienzi House this weekend. Stop by, say hi.
5. I haven’t been to the gym in a month. I blamed it on the fact that the husband was out of town, but really, I’m just lazy. I AM going to go back on Saturday though. I have too…things are moving when I’m standing still. It isn’t pretty folks!
6. My first 29th birthday is coming up. Feel free to send booze to help me through the day.
7. I am going to Kansas in May and my lovely friend Beth is going to take my picture. I should know what to wear because I am always guiding others with this, but I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I am going to wear. Suggestions?
8. I think I have officially been kicked out of the cool kid club. I got a text message a few weeks back from my husband that read: “Oliver pooped in the potty.” Soon after I got my cool kid eviction notice.
Is this really what my life has become?
9. Since we are on the topic…Oliver has resisted potty training. And by resisted I mean outright refused. We tried, he screamed…it wasn’t pretty. So we figured that if we left it alone just like everything else with him he would let us know when he was ready. It was really late, and long after many of his younger friends, but he finally did it. He woke up one day about 3 weeks ago and told me he was a man. He hasn’t had an accident since (day or night). Why on earth that day he decided it was time to use the potty I will never know, but I am thrilled that he did.
10. Uh…I’ve got nothing else…